Being Dyslexic


By on 9:50 AM

At a very young age, I realized that my mind was wired differently. It was a struggle at school to learn by listening and reading, eventually I discovered the only way for me to understand something, was to do it myself.

Transposed letters and numbers kept tripping me up and tests were a nightmare, as my brain seemed unable to find the answers I sought. Anything with a right and left affiliation was impossible to master. I could not learn to drive a stick shift or do crochet. They were small stumbling blocks, but beyond my capability. It was like my mind had a mind of its own, that overrode my conscious ability. So instead of fighting it, I chose to accept, work with and try to understand this part of me, which I couldn't change.

Many times I asked myself, "Why am I so stupid." Yet, in time, those closest to me knew my dyslexia also came with gifts. With every challenge I faced my mind also offered me a peek into another world or dimension, others do not see. When I was young, the visions, epic dreams and pictures that came to me, were something I thought everyone had. It was normal to me.

My mother must have also had this. She knew before the phone would ring, who was calling. She spoke of premonitions, but I didn't ask her where they came from or about them. My mother died from a stoke at the age of forty-six and I was just beginning my search for answers about my gifts. My father called me to come over quickly, and we lived just minutes away.

It was her death, which prompted me to go deeper into my search for answers. When I arrived at my parent's apartment, she was still sitting up in bed, and her eyes were open, but the light I always saw in them was now gone. Later when I began to speak about this light, that I see in people's eyes, it shocked me that others didn't know what I was talking about. Again, this was natural for me. Why was I able to recognize the brightness and color of this light? I wondered if it was my eyes or brain that gave me this ability and the visions that came to me. What if I could connect with this gift and open this strange window of insight?

So in the years that followed, I began my studies in Metaphysics. My teacher was a Shaman and certified psychotherapist, who had lived in Peru. She helped me understand the properties of energy and the movement and light I saw. She told me that, different colors have different frequencies and somehow my mind recognized this. Still this didn't satisfy all my questions. She suggested a study of hypnosis might give me some of those answers.

Later, at the Hypnosis Motivational Institute in Los Angeles I studied for two years to get a degree in Hypnotherapy. It was an eye opener. They explained how everyone has a conscious and subconscious part of our brain, emotional and physical differences of personalities and how this medium can induce an altered state of awareness, that allows access to the subconscious part of our brain.

For my internship I worked with cancer patients and created a symbol association questionnaire. This helped me learn a personal language, which their brain used to associate positive or negative energy. I used this format to help them fight and feel in control of their disease and pain. A copy of this symbol association will be available on my website.

I established a practice from my home and specialized in past life regression therapy. In three sessions, a person could experience the state of hypnosis, record their regression and then we would discuss how any past lives might be connected to their life today. Many times I got past life names and the era of time the life was in by having the patient look down at their feet. Some wore boots, slippers, and sandals or bare feet.

I know many people are skeptical of this notion, but even recently, scientist have found that possibly everything we know about the universe may be wrong. The truth is that we do completely understand the time/space continuum. Have you heard of neutrinos? They are a particle that can travel faster than light. If this is not an error, the implications of such a discovery is so mind blogging that it might disprove Einstein's theory of relativity.

Not long ago, I had a complete eye exam and told the doctor about my vision experiences. Many tests were made and in the end he said my eyes were normal.

Well, whatever my problem is, or the origin of my gifts it has to do with the wiring of my brain.

My dyslexic mind has given me immeasurable insights, but also much grief. In my lifetime I have had two major accidents, one a roll over, where I fell asleep at the wheel. In elementary school my son was diagnosed with dyslexia. At the age of twenty-one he died in a car accident where he fell asleep at the wheel. I do not drive at night or seldom drive alone for this reason. You do not realize you are falling asleep, I believe the road puts you in a semi-hypnotic state. In my last accident somehow I closed my eyes while driving at a high speed, which I have no memory of.

This affliction of dyslexia, many times goes undiagnosed. No one knows the cause or cure for it. It seems the degree of effect it has on individuals differs. It is a multisensory disorder that affects the hearing, seeing and recognizing of a symbolic language that only the individual mind can acknowledge. I believe if personal modes of understand can be identified, that this often-perplexing problem can be better understood.

A copy of the Symbol Association Questionnaire will be posted on my website blog. If you have any questions or comments please visit my website.

In 1998 Michele joined Willamette Writers and has attended writers workshops and conferences. After meeting a new friend in Oregon, who read some of her writing, she was asked to give life to the heart-wrenching story of her husband's murder. Thus began her debut novel, Blood, Money, Power. Many hours of research followed to give this historical novel's readers a trip back in time.


View the original article here

About Syed Faizan Ali

Faizan is a 17 year old young guy who is blessed with the art of Blogging,He love to Blog day in and day out,He is a Website Designer and a Certified Graphics Designer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment